(Cool Whipz Feature): The Tangerine Dream Machine; Introducing The Orange Crush
The Tangerine Dream Machine; Introducing The
Some of you may not be old enough to remember the Denver Broncos defense of the late 1970’s and early 1980’s. It’s been a while for me also however, I still vaguely remember all the attention and excitement the Broncos garnered from both NFL teams and fans alike. This Denver defensive unit went on to become one of the most exciting defenses of its time. They became known as The Orange Crush, named after a popular soft drink, because of their number one run defense and orange home uniforms. Those orange uniforms were replaced in 1997 and although The Orange Crush defense no longer exist, the saga and excitement continues, albeit in reincarnate fashion. Fast forward to today.
On any given Sunday if you are cruising around the city of Houston,Texas (Home of the Texans), you might spot The Orange Crush. Don’t look for defensive linemen pounding opposing offenses instead, this Orange Crush will be pounding the concrete on two wheels. As a matter of fact, the only thing today’s Orange Crush has in common with the stand out Denver defense is that it attracts alot of attention and creates excitement! Furthermore, the same year those orange uniforms were retired in Denver, was the same year our featured “Cool Whip”, a 1997 Harley-Davidson Heritage Springer, was produced. Today this Heritage Springer is far from stock. It has been fully customized by Fly Rydes Kustom Toyz and is the pride and joy of owner “SHANNO”, the National VP & Founding Member of Hard Riders MC. The Orange Crush is not a bike that could be bought, it’s one that had to be built!
Click for more photos of the Orange Crush & Slide Presentation. The Orange Crush Bike
Review build specs below.
- 5 months build time
- Custom design wheels by Fly Rydes: Front: 21×3.5 Rear: 17×3.5
- Exhaust: Thunder Header
- Custom paint by Fly Rydes: Candy Tangerine over Silver with panel graphics
- Painter: Fly Rydes Big E
- Custom designed and build 16″ Ape Hangers (Ape Beaters)
- Custom fabricated wrap-around front fender” by Fly Rydes
- Custom fabricated stock rear fender stretched 5″ by Fly Rydes
- Cat-Eye L.E.D all-in-one taillight
- Custom mirrors
- Custom fabricated Hard Rider logo bag latches
- Custom fabricated seat by Thunder Head Design Stoney Paul: triple stitched orange, black leather and crocodile
- Custom fabricated Screamin’ Eagle stretch hard bags by Fly Rydes
- Custom fabricated stretched gas tank by Fly Rydes
- Custom fabricated dash by Fly Rydes
- Custom fabricated headlight by Fly Rydes
- Custom fabricated engine guard and lower leg fairings by Fly Rydes
For Orange Crush appearances at car or bike dealerships, custom shows, parties and special events, contact Mayfield Marketing at 832.207.6525 today.
If you would like your street rod, bike or cruiser to be featured in the “Cool Whipz” section of this blog, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Until next time,
D. Smith aka TheGlossBoss.Com